8 days ago
Social Action for Health
Social Action for Health exists to end health inequalities by empowering individuals and communities to take ownership of their health. We do this against a backdrop of rising health inequalities and falling health and social care funds. As a Board, we are looking for new members who are passionate about what we do, will bring new ideas to the table, and challenge our current ways of thinking. We believe this is an excellent opportunity, both personally and professionally for someone who is looking for a way to contribute back to the community, and looking for a new challenge.
By becoming a treasurer with Social Action for health you will:
- Influence the strategic direction of the charity as the organisation as it develops and grows in a changing environment
- Contribute to the work we carry out every day to empower people and communities to live healthier lives
- Utilise your financial skills to be a strategic adviser to the board and the senior team
As a Board we are looking for a treasurer who has:
- A financial qualification and/ or finance professional background
- Previous experience either as a board member / and or in charity finance
- A willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and work with a relatively new board to establish new practices and drive the organisation forward
If you want to contribute to the work we do end health inequalities, and work with us to achieve these objectives and survive and thrive as a charity, Social Action for Health could be the organisation for you to take up a a new role as treasurer.