24 days ago
SWEDA are looking for a new Trustee with clinical expertise of eating disorders to offer advice and support to SWEDA’s Clinical Manager to further develop their services.
SWEDA is a charity that exists to support anyone affected by eating disorders and this is an opportunity to become part of a team committed to lead and support this vital work. Your role as a trustee will be pivotal in continuing our clinical excellence and by sharing your specialist knowledge of eating disorders and networks you will help build SWEDA’s clinical and therapeutic presence.
In this role, the trustee will assist the charity in networking within the clinical sector and enhance and build SWEDA’s clinical and therapeutic presence in the sector.
The following skills and understanding are important to SWEDA, in seeking the most appropriate candidate:
- Clinical expertise of eating disorders and mental health.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of clinical and therapeutic treatments of eating disorders.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and represent SWEDA in public events.
- Strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of the organisation.
- Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to SWEDA and its strategic objectives.
- Ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders, fellow trustees and staff, to achieve the organisational objectives.
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of the organisation and external environment.
The most effective Boards are ones which benefit from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets. SWEDA welcomes individuals from a range of backgrounds, including those who have had experience of eating disorders themselves or someone close to them.
5 board meeting per annum with specific sub-committees outside of this time which range between 2 – 4 times per year. Ad hoc advice also required. Please see the candidate pack for more details.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills and experience would add value to the board.