25 days ago
Hand in Hand for Aid & Development, a UK registered Foundation is looking for new Trustees to join the current board of 6.
We are expanding our services and we need to support our strong team who primarily support civilians affected by the war inside Syria and neighbouring countries. With strong Senior Management team, alongside emergency response, there is a need for more tailored support especially with Fundraising and Marketing.
We are looking for experienced senior applicants with Humanitarian background.
Duties and responsibilities of the board:
- Determine the implementation of administrative actions of the organisation.
- Selection and dismissal of Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Determine the roles and responsibilities of the CEO
- Determine the delegation of financial authorisation
- Determine the roles of responsibilities of trustees and audits
- Determine significant financial decision such as loan, purchase/sells off assets
- Selecting the banks in which the funds of the organisation
- Approve and supervise the asset management of the organisation
- Approve and supervise the annual strategy, the annual implementation plan and the annual financial plan
- Approve the implementation reports and financial report
- Approve and supervising the implementation of the policies and guidelines
- Approve other critical decisions such as opening/closing of the officers or relocations.
- Endorse the annual reports and the audit reports
- Select and dismiss the trustees and audits, approve its resignations
Requirements and Competencies
- International NGO experiences, preferably at the senior management level (CEO/Regional Director/Country Director/Head of Office)
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experiences as a leader in their areas of responsibilities
- Demonstrated skills in handling change management process, organisational and team development.
- Solution-oriented, with negotiation skills and various mitigation approaches.
- Previous experiences in being involved in charity governance would be preferred.
- Proven record of being a team player and a good listener.
- Proven record of people management in a multi-cultural setting would be preferred.
- Knowledge of donor engagements would be an asset.
- Knowledge of HR management in the non-profit sector would be an asset.
- Estimate of time needed: 0-5 hours / month. Mostly outside office hours
- Monthly meetings held online with meetings in person held in Nottingham twice a year.
How to apply
For applications, please send your CV initially via the Reach Volunteering platform.