Trustee (Treasurer option available)
|Job Title:||Trustee (Treasurer option available)|
|Contact Name:||Richard Thompson|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2019 10:14|
Become a Findacure Trustee: Support the rare disease community
Take your chance to support the millions of patients living with rare diseases throughout the UK.
Findacure is a UK-based rare disease charity that transforms the way the world sees rare diseases. We work with rare disease patient groups to help accelerate their growth, raise awareness, support patients, and get involved in vital research.
We are entering a new phase as a charity, looking to grow our team, unify our patient focused projects, and increase our reach. We are recruiting new voluntary trustees to help us along this journey. Previous experience is not necessary and we welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
Our new trustees will have skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and finance – to help identify new and sustainable funding streams and oversee our financial management.
- Charity management and governance – to help guide our strategic growth and develop policies for a larger, more professional Findacure.
- Rare disease experience – to help with priority setting and bring lived experience to our decision making.
- Online and digital skills – to help us develop our digital resources and our international reach.
As a trustee you will benefit from:
- The chance to shape and potentially deliver projects that will benefit patients living with some of the rarest conditions in the world.
- Opportunities to guide the strategic growth of the charity.
- The ability to grow your network.
- Induction to the charity and role, with opportunities for training.
The expected time commitment is four two-hour trustee meetings per year, at least one of which will be held in person in London. Our trustees also attend at least one day-long Findacure event annually, and take part in an annual strategy meeting with the Findacure team.
Deadline – 29th April 2019
Interview – Held at Findacure’s offices in Cambridge, in May.
For an informal chat about the role, contact our CEO, Rick Thompson at email@example.com
Application packs are available at www.findacure.org.uk/news/become-a-trustee. This includes full details of the role and the application process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's