Trustee - Treasurer
|Job Title:||Trustee - Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lindsay Taylor|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2019 11:19|
Coffee4Craig was founded in 2013 by Risha and Hendrix Lancaster following the death of, Risha’s brother Craig White who died of a heroin overdose whilst rough sleeping in Cardiff.
Coffee4Craig was born in his memory and started as a simple idea that if you pass someone rough sleeping, buy them a coffee and say, 'this is from Craig'. From these beginnings, Coffee4Craig has continued to grow and develop. The organisation currently runs an indoor, evening drop-in provision 7 nights a week, based at Centrepoint premises on Oldham Street where guests can access a wide range of facilities and support.
We are seeking to appoint a new Treasurer to the Board and are looking for committed, dynamic and motivated individuals who are sympathetic to the aims and objectives of Coffee4Craig.
Lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Acts as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the charity’s finances are responsibly managed and invested for the betterment of their work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plans and overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process.
- Lead in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost management and investment policies.
- Supporting the charity to ensure that that it pursues its objectives as defined in its governing documents
- Be an active champion of Coffee4Craig
Qualities - Essential
Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
Good, independent judgement.
A willingness to speak their mind.
An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Qualities - Desirable
Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector
Knowledge of charity SORP
Duties: In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee.
Remuneration: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel.
Time commitment: 2 year term. Review after 1 year. Estimated 1-2 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings.
Location: Manchester and remotely
How to apply
If you believe that your skills will contribute to the strong and effective governance of the charity and would like to you would like to apply for one of the Trustee positions please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's