|Job Title:||Trustee Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jo Hobbs|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2021 15:42|
The British Youth Council is the National Youth Council of the UK. A youth-led charity, we empower young people aged 25 and under to influence and inform the decisions that affect their lives. We support young people to get involved in their communities and democracy locally, nationally and internationally, making a difference as volunteers, campaigners, decision-makers and leaders.
We are looking for a Treasurer to take the lead on our Board of Trustees to ensure that we are doing great financial governance and securing the future of our charity. This is a fantastic opportunity to help lead and enable the leading youth voice charity of the UK in ensuring its delivers on its commitment to empower young people to find their voice and use it for social and political change.
You’ll need to:
- Be aged 25 or under on 1 October 2021
- Have demonstrable experience of finance and/or accounting either through work, study or volunteering
- Be willing and available to spend time in between meetings supporting and leading governance activities
- Be willing and available to support the Chief Executive
- Have sound, independent judgement
- Be committed to the Mission, Vision and Values of the charity
If you are interested in applying for this position, please go to our website and download the application pack where you’ll be able to find more details on the role description and person specification. There is an online application form also on our website.