REF-FaithInvest Trustee Treasurer
28 days ago
FaithInvest, an international, non-profit network for faith-based asset owners, is seeking a new trustee to join its board. We are looking for someone with a strong financial background for the position of Treasurer.
FaithInvest was established in 2019 as an international non-profit membership organisation for religious asset holders and faith-based investors worldwide. Our mission is to grow the scale and impact faith-consistent investing worldwide, for the benefit of people and planet. We are a registered charity (no 1187015) and limited company by guarantee (no 11862410).
We empower faiths to use their resources to create a better world by aligning their investments to their beliefs and values. We are not fund managers. We do not make investment decisions for the faiths. Instead, we help the faiths to implement their own ethical investment policies in line with their core beliefs and values. We do so by providing a global network, knowledge hub and consolidated voice for faith groups and faith-based organisations engaged in investments.
The Trustee Treasurer joins a Board of five trustees, of which three are based in the US and one in Indonesia. More information: www.faithinvest.org/trustees.
You will be joining FaithInvest at an exciting stage in its evolution as we move from a start-up basis to more sustainable footing. As well as contributing to our strategy and taking part in shaping and directing FaithInvest, you will have responsibility for ensuring the financial affairs of the organisation are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
The specialist role of Treasurer specifically involves overseeing FaithInvest's financial affairs and ensuring they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice. You will ensure we are carrying out the purposes for which we were set up, as set out in our governing document, and ensure we comply with charity law.
You do not have to belong to a faith group to become a Trustee (or work for FaithInvest) but it is important that you recognise and respect the role that faith groups play in the world and in people's lives. The role is voluntary, although we will pay all reasonable travel expenses in the event of any such expenses occurring.
- Work with the CEO and finance team to ensure the financial affairs of the organisation are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Work with the CEO and finance team to ensure proper records are kept; necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits as well as the annual budget are produced; and effective financial procedures are in place.
- Regularly report the financial position at Trustee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Liaise with the CEO and finance team on appointing auditors/an independent examiner.
- Advise on the financial implications of FaithInvest's strategic plan.
Qualities & qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of accounting regulations and best financial procedures (desirable: particularly in those relevant to charities and non-profits)
- Knowledge of accounting records and financial management, including reviewing financial performance
- Experience of producing financial reports/returns, annual budgets, accounts and audit information
- Experience of good governance and risk management processes, or willingness to attend training to develop such skills
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Passion for and commitment to the work of FaithInvest, and alignment with our values and ethics
- Collaborative approach
- Experience and understanding of fundraising
- Experience of income generation
- Based in the UK (for signing of critical documents etc)
Closing date: 30 April 2021
More information: www.faithinvest.org/work-with-us