|Job Title:||Trustee Treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Shaun Butler|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2021 12:40|
South Bucks Counselling
We provide a one-to-one adult counselling, servicing High Wycombe and the surrounding area. We offer an affordable, professional and confidential counselling service to those who are struggling to make sense of their emotions and feelings.
Overall Purpose of Role
- The main purpose of this volunteer role is to oversee the financial affairs of the charity and ensure they are financially viable, and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. Also to manage and support the volunteer bookkeeper.
- Attend approximately 7 Trustee meetings per year, updating the Trustees on the financial health of the charity and giving financial input to the charity’s strategy.
- Oversee the maintenance of the underlying financial records and ensure the production of the necessary financial reports, accounts and independent review.
- Liaise with the Clinical Lead and Trustees to ensure the financial viability of the charity.
- Report the quarterly management accounts at Trustee meetings.
- Produce the annual accounts and budget, and communicate the main themes to the Trustees.
- Liaise with the volunteer bookkeeper to ensure proper records are kept up-to-date and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, e.g.:
- client receipts reported weekly,
- prompt payment of invoices to supervisors and expenses to volunteers and
- cash book and bank statements are reconciled monthly
- Review the monthly statistics produced by the Admin & Facilities Assistant.
- Engage with the Independent Examiner to ensure clearance of the annual accounts.
- Company Secretarial duties include ensuring filings to Companies House and the Charity Commission are up-to-date.
- Ensure requests for financial information are fulfilled e.g. donation requests.
Required skills Qualities & Experience
- Must have working knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Ability to manage and communicate clearly.
- Good to have knowledge and experience of Trustee finance practice relevant to voluntary and charity organisations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's