Trustee - Treasurer
|Job Title:||Trustee - Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||David Scillitoe|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2020 16:53|
Citizens Advice New Forest is a local independent charity reliant on committed volunteers and local funding. We provide free and independent advice to help people solve the difficulties they face, and we seek to improve the policies and practices that affect peoples’ lives.
As a Trustee you must be inspiring, energetic, and commercial, able to provide support and challenge in equal measure. You will be sharing the benefit and experience of an accomplished career and we are actively seeking candidates who bring experience operating at a board or strategic level within a broad range of sectors. We are particularly interested to meet with a senior financial professional with a strategic financial background to act as a Treasurer.
The Treasurer will lead the trustees of Citizens Advice New Forest in the oversight of the charity’s strategic financial management. The Treasurer will act as the lead trustee in articulating the financial governance of the organisation and will play an active role in ensuring that all trustees are fully able to understand the charity’s financial arrangements and contribute to financial discussion and decisions.
The Treasurer has oversight of financial accounting including management accounts, budgets, annual financials and similar reporting. The specific tasks within this role
- Ongoing oversight of the permanent Finance Officer.
- Board reporting including Management Accounts, Forecasts, CAB National reporting, etc. Responsibility for the Annual Audited Accounts.
- Supporting the Chief Officer in the production of an Annual Budget.
- Management of cash/assets including investment of free reserves.
- Engagement with longer term strategy, forecasting, fundraising and reporting to donors/funders.
- Ongoing financial input to the Management Committee and Board on a wide variety of matters arising including new projects and contracts, property, etc.