Trustee - Treasurer
|Job Title:||Trustee - Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Nicola Panton|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2019 14:15|
Are you great with finances? Do you want to support a fantastic local charity? Then this may be the trustee role for you.....
Stepping Stones (Luton) is a charity dedicated to empowering women who have suffered domestic abuse or are vulnerable due to substance misuse by providing hope and the skills and resources to make positive life choices.
Since being founded in 2008 the service has adapted based on the needs of our clients. It has led to the development of a broad set of services that includes dedicated adult and children support programmes. Our portfolio of services reflects this evolution and is fully geared to meet a wide range of needs and fully integrates with partner agencies working locally.
The overall role of the treasurer is to:
- Maintain an overview of Stepping Stones affairs
- Ensuring Stepping Stones is financially viable
- Ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a Trustee, the Treasurer has a number of tasks specific to their role.
Main Responsibilities of the Treasurer
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- The preparation and presentation of financial reports to the board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation's strategic plans
- Ensuring the organisation's compliance with legislation
- Ensuring equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, e.g. The charity commission and/or the registrar of companies
- Submitting the annual confirmation statement to Companies House
- Assisting with or preparation of bid documents for funders and subsequent financial reports to funders
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required
- Preparing monthly payroll using Sage software
- Authorising payments
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge and experience of current fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary organisations
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong communications skills
As a trustee you will be expected to:
- Attend bi-monthly trustee meetings
- Input into the overall strategic vision
- Dedciate the neccessary time to the organistion
You will join a team whose mission is to enable vulnerable women to transform their lives and reach their full potential. We empower and inspire women to make positive choices, creating a better future for themselves, their children, their families and the communities in which they live.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's