Trustee/Treasurer, Many Minds, Bristol.
|Job Title:||Trustee/Treasurer, Many Minds, Bristol.|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Ware|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2018 12:41|
Many Minds is a small Bristol based mental health charity that facilitate creative spaces and make performance with people managing their mental health. We work with individuals to engage with their creativity, improve confidence, self-esteem and build social skills and networks. We run workshops in theatre making skills to devise and create high quality contemporary performance.
Many Minds was constituted by the Charity Commission as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation CIO in November 2017. We are still in our first year of operation but have already experienced rapid growth. We are looking for Board members for our exciting next phase of development.
About the role
The trustee role is a voluntary position that helps oversee the running of a charity. The role requires between 5-10 hours each month. We have official meetings quarterly in Bristol that last for up to 3 hours and an Annual General Meeting (AGM) once a year. These meetings may require additional time for preparatory reading supporting documents for presentation.
We also run monthly informal check in meet ups that are usually an hour long and have will have an annual Board away day. There will be occasional further opportunities for attending Many Minds activities and for personal development and trustee training. Many Minds cover out of pocket expenses for trustees.
Trustees are elected to serve for a three year period. At every AGM those who have served three years shall retire from office or stand for re- election. Trustees can serve for a maximum of period of three terms (ie 9 years). As a member led organisation, we positively encourage our members to stand for election.
Trustee role description
- To ensure that Many Minds complies at all times with its governing document, charity law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that Many Minds pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To maintain proper financial control and ensure that Many Minds applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects
- To set and maintain vision, mission and values, develop strategy, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To set up employment procedures and respect the roles of staff/ volunteers
- To support the operational management of the organisation
- To draw up and monitor the implementation of internal policies, which must include equality and diversity as well as health and safety policies and grievance and disciplinary procedures
- To ensure that risk assessments for all aspects of the charity are carried out
- To safeguard the reputation and values of Many Minds
- To maintain effective board performance and ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity including funding, insurance and premises
- To promote Many Minds and actively seek funding opportunities for the charity
- To act in the best interests of the charity, never in the interests of yourself or another organisation
Trustee person specification All Trustees must demonstrate:
1. A commitment to the organisation, its cause and demonstrate an understanding of mental health and its impact.
2. A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
3. Strategic vision. 4. Good, independent judgment.
5. An ability to think creatively.
6. A willingness to speak their mind.
7. An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
8. An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
9. A commitment to working within Many Minds’ values and principles of working.
Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty, Leadership.
We are also looking to fill these specific Board roles:
Treasurer: Someone with accountancy experience and strong financial skills. They will oversee approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements, ensure compliance with finance, tax and charity legislation and advise on the financial implications of the organisation's strategic plans.
Vice-Chair: Someone with previous Board experience and managerial experience. The vice Chair takes on some of the duties of Chair when they are absent. They will need to have good leadership and managerial skills, be diplomatic and fair. They will help to support and encourage staff and other Board members, set meeting agendas and help facilitate change and manage conflict.
Secretary: Someone with excellent organisational skills. They will collate and distribute information needed for meetings, book rooms, equipment and ensure access needs are met. They will take minutes and distribute them and complete admin tasks needed.
The recruitment process will be a two way process to make sure that you are the right fit for Many Minds and that we are the right fit for you. If you are interested in applying, please send us some background information about yourself and why you are interested in the role to email@example.com. Please download Trustee Recruitment pack from our website: https://many-minds.org/vacancies/.
Also please specify if you would be interested in one of the specific roles we have advertised (Treasurer, Vice-Chair or Secretary). If we both agree to progress this further, you will be invited for an informal conversation with a trustee and staff member. The next stage would be to observe a Board meeting. If the process has gone well, and you still wish to be on the Board, in line with our charitable constitution, the current Board members will make a decision.
Please get in touch if you have any access needs for the application process or wish to discuss anything about the role further. Deadline is 26th October.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's