|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Janet Cobill|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2020 12:43|
Hoxton Health Trustee Roles
Hoxton Health is a small charity with a big impact for the people we work with. We are passionate about making complimentary and touch based therapies available to all, especially older people who would otherwise be unable to access this support. In 2019/20 we enabled over 500 people, who would otherwise not have access to such services, to improve their health and well -being and enjoy life again.
We are looking for trustees who understand the transformative effects complimentary and touch based therapies can have and who would like to work with us on creating a strategy and direction for a post covid-19 world. We need to develop new ways to support people safely and want your help to do so.
What impact will you have:
Now, more than ever the work of Hoxton Health is needed. For older people and those with complex, chronic or degenerative ill health the world has become a scarier place and one in which it is vital that they optimise their health.
As a management committee member you will support the charity to continue its good work, to develop new ways of working and to ensure that valuable complimentary interventions are there for everyone, regardless of wealth.
What are the benefits to you?
As a member of a small management committee you will not only gain the satisfaction of seeing how your time and energy makes a difference but also have the opportunity to gain the skills of working as part of governance committee, creating strategy, overseeing implementation and resource allocation.
We will ensure that you are able to access training and support in our role.
As a small charity Trustee/management committee member you would be working as part of a team, to set the direction for the charity, helping us to understand both the opportunities and challenges in this new environment.
The role description includes:
- To actively contribute to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives to ensuring that Hoxton Health pursues its charitable purpose to relieve sickness and protect good health as defined in its governing document, and
- Work to support the delivery of its objective to make available complementary health care of a high standard for older people and people with complex, chronic or degenerative ill health
- Bring a fresh perspective to organisational plans and strategy,
We are looking for someone who shares our values and vision and has
- A commitment to complimentary and touch based therapies available to people who would not be able to afford mainstream services.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- The ability to think long term
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment our values: Through our passion, caring, integrity and professionalism, we create an environment in which everyone can thrive.
Where the role is based:
We are based in Hoxton, near the City of London but at the moment though the role would be remote and you would be working entirely from home.
Time Commitment: 3-7 hours a month
Where and how to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org.