|Contact Name:||Fred Harrison|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2020 18:24|
We are looking for a Treasurer to join the Board of this small charity which provides day support for people with disabilities or mental health issues, based within the grounds of Missenden Abbey in Buckinghamshire.
What will you be doing?
The Trustee Treasurer will join the Board and be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensuring proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitoring and reporting on the financial health of the organisation.
- Overseeing the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
The Treasurer will work with the Charity Director and the finance staff as required, roughly 2-3 hours per week and attend Board meetings every 6-8 weeks.
The exact role is subject to confirmation but could include:
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place.
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
What are we looking for?
Candidates ideally should have:
- a financial qualification or relevant experience;
- experience in dealing with large sums of money and budgets;
- experience of financial control and budgeting;
- an orderly mind and methodical way of thinking and be capable of handling figures and cash;
- an eye for detail;
- good communication and interpersonal skills.
What difference will you make?
Missenden Walled Garden is a recently formed charity and in the first few years has become established on a sound footing. The Trustees are focusing on a medium-term strategy to ensure financial sustainability and develop new opportunities which will enhance the experience for clients. Additional expertise is needed at Board level to guide the charity in the next stage of development.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This is an opportunity to join a friendly and enthusiastic team who are committed to helping to improve the lives of people with disabilities or mental health issues. Working with Missenden Walled Garden can be hugely rewarding, seeing the impact that the garden has on its clients.