Trustee/ Head of fundraising
|Job Title:||Trustee/ Head of fundraising|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lee Giles|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2021 12:52|
Reporting to - The Board of Trustees.
Experience needed - Experience in Fundraising with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. Have a proven record in building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public, delegating tasks, and drawing up plans to ensure annual targets are met. You should be well organised, proactive, and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- To develop and implement a fundraising strategy.
- To build up charity reserves whilst focussing on core and capital funding.
- To build lasting relationships with Trust’s, Businesses and Private & Corporate Donors.
- Assist in the writing and submitting of funding applications
- Research prospective donors
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Identify and contact potential donors
- Use online platforms to raise donations
- Organise campaigns or events to solicit donations
- Maintain records of donor information
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events
- Train volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
- Create and lead a fundraising sub-committee
- Support and encourage the fundraising team in their work and to design and facilitate the organisation’s approach to fundraising.
Qualities of a Trustee with Fundraising Experience
- Someone with a proven track record in generating income.
- An good understanding of the UK charity sector and relevant knowledge of legislation and statutory requirements.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector.
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- Attend 3 Board Meetings a year.
- Attend the annual AGM.
- Attendance at annual performances (2 a year) is expected
- Chair the fundraising sub-committee - 4 times a year.
- In addition to board meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – may be necessary.
- This position will be held for a maximum of 3 years with a further 3-year extension if duly elected after the initial term in office.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's