Trustee / Director
|Job Title:||Trustee / Director|
|Contact Name:||Nigel Smallbone|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 09:45|
Voluntary Action South West Surrey is a thriving registered charity and limited company.
Based in Guildford and working in the boroughs of Guildford and Waverley, we:
- Help local groups fund, run and govern themselves, and keep informed and connected
- Help local people access voluntary roles and community activities
- Run three main referral services:
- ‘Welcome to Volunteering’ and ‘Welcome Buddies’: supporting people to enhance their wellbeing by volunteering and joining in with community activities
- ‘Social Prescription‘: linking to community services people referred by health or social care.
We employ 11 staff and have a small volunteer team.
We’re funded by Surrey County Council, Guildford and Waverley Clinical Commissioning Group, Guildford Borough Council and Waverley Borough Council. Funding for our projects comes from the National Lottery Big Lottery Fund, and The Welcome Project.
We are governed by a Board of Trustees. The Board’s role is:
- to set the Organisation’s strategic priorities
- to make sure it is well run, meeting its charitable objectives and complying with charity law
- to ensure it is financially sound and sustainable.
We are looking for people to join the Board who are committed to our aims and have experience in or knowledge of a number of areas, particularly finance.
The Board meets four times a year.
Please contact Carol Dunnett firstname.lastname@example.org or 01483 504626 if you are interested in finding out more.
There is no closing date.
You can also find more about what we do on our website: voluntaryactionsws.org.uk
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's