Trustee - Peterborough Youth Services Experience
|Job Title:||Trustee - Peterborough Youth Services Experience|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2018 11:54|
About the organisation
Centre 33 is a young people’s charity working across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, specialising in supporting young people up to the age of 25. Their vision is that every young person is listened to and respected for who they are; and that they receive support to enable them to be who they want to be.
- Information and support through drop-ins, assessment of need and onward referral
- Support around sexual health, housing, and finance
- Support to young carers
- Mental health and counselling services.
About the role
Centre 33 is seeking a trustee with knowledge of services for young people in Peterborough to join their board. They are working with Peterborough City Council to provide a safe, confidential place where young people aged 13-25 can access health related support and will value your knowledge of the area.
Your involvement will help to enable the organisation to continue providing the vital work they do supporting young people across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- Experience and knowledge of services for young people in Peterborough to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions
- Skills and ability to ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document
- Desire to contribute actively to the board of trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to the organisation’s values
- Leadership skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- Knowledge and experience of the charity sector
Attendance and preparation for six meetings a year. These are currently held on Tuesday evening 6 – 8 pm.
Outside of board meetings time commitment is negotiable and based on individual commitments and availability.
Board meetings are current held at the organisation’s premises: 33 Clarendon Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1 1JX. However there maybe potential to rota and hold some in Peterborough in the future.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Applications must be emailed to:
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's