Trustee - Marketing, Communications & PR
|Job Title:||Trustee - Marketing, Communications & PR|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lee Giles|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2021 13:36|
Reporting to - The Board of Trustees
Experience needed - A background in all or some of these areas marketing, communications, public relations, social media marketing, advertising, governance, digital.
- To develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance brand identity of the organisation.
- To broaden awareness of the charity’s values and priorities; and increase its visibility across a wider audience.
Main responsibilities of the marketing, communications, public relations trustee
- Develop market position and brand of the charity to a variety of audiences to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims.
- Create a marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the organisation to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers.
- Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Oversee the ongoing development of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in conjunction with management and the board.
- Serve as communications spokesperson on behalf of the trustees when required.
- Oversee, in conjunction with the CEO, the implementation of the marketing and communications strategy.
- Marketing and PR/Communication expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and management, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience of business, commerce or industry and handling government contracts
- Experience of the strategic use of social media as effective communication mechanisms to support services and activities
- Application of marketing strategy to charitable/not for profit organisations
- Actively participate as a key member of the Fundraising and Publicity Sub- Committee of the Board
- Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector
Time commitment and location
- Attend 3 Board Meetings a year.
- Attend the annual AGM.
- Attendance at annual performances (2 a year) is expected
- In addition to board meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – may be necessary.
- This position will be held for a maximum of 3 years with a further 3-year extension if duly elected after the initial term in office.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's