9 days ago
About the organisation
Centre 33 is a young people’s charity working across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, specialising in supporting young people up to the age of 25. Their vision is that every young person is listened to and respected for who they are and that they receive support to enable them to be who they want to be.
- Information and support through drop-ins, assessment of need and onward referral
- Support around sexual health, housing, and finance
- Support to young carers
- Mental health and counselling service
About the role
Centre 33 is seeking a trustee with legal expertise to join their board. You will be bringing your legal experience to a focused and successful team and your engagement will play a significant role in strengthening the current board. The legal trustee does not need to be a specialist in a specific field, but should be willing to familiarise themselves with the legal framework surrounding the organisation’s actions and plans as required.
Your involvement will help to enable the organisation to continue providing the vital work they do supporting young people across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- Legal experience from either the private or public sector.
- Skills and ability to ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- Desire to contribute actively to the board of trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to the organisations’ values
- Leadership skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- Knowledge and experience of the charity sector.
Attendance and preparation for six meetings a year. These are currently held on Tuesday evening 6 – 8 pm. Outside of board meetings time commitment is negotiable and based on individual commitments and availability.
Board meetings are held at the organisation’s premises: 33 Clarendon Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1 1JX
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Applications must be emailed to: