Trustee - HR & Legal
|Job Title:||Trustee - HR & Legal|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Lee Giles|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2021 13:39|
Reporting to - The Board of Trustees.
Experience needed - A general background in strategy, governance, finance, HR, employment & legal.
- Committed to ensuring highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, reward and recognition as well as staff and trustee development.
- Assessing risks and measuring the impact of HR interventions in the light of changing legal requirements and best practice.
- Implementing company policies and practices in the context of furthering charitable objectives and evaluating how they impact beneficiaries and staff.
- Ensuring long-term strategic oversight of the organisation’s personnel and staffing requirements in relation to the overarching goals of the charity.
- Setup and oversee the use of PAYE
- To review and recommend current and future strategic resourcing, training and development and annual budgets and plans to the trustee board.
- To actively contribute to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
- To ensure that HR activities and interventions are linked to the charitable objectives and complement the charity culture.
- To ensure the Trustee Board monitors and reviews the performance of the company’s Chief Executive, and Choreographer.
- To monitor the financial position of the charity and its operations within its means and objects, making sure that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- To monitor whether the service complies with its governing document and standards and if the needs of the beneficiaries are being met.
- Give pensions advice to employees
- Experience of performance management, HR/employment law issues and implementation.
- Willingness to actively participate in discussions concerning needs of charity’s beneficiaries, staff and the trustee board.
- Willingness to act in the best interest of the charity while adhering the Nolan principles of public life.
- Sound, independent judgement and ability to think creatively.
- Working effectively as a team member and demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop.
- Experience in PAYE and all things related
- Strong intellectual and analytical ability; innovative thinker and ability to focus on issues requiring action.
- Experience in financial management and social media.
- Experience in the charitable or voluntary sector.
- Experience of charity law and governance.
Time commitment and location
- Attend 3 Board Meetings a year.
- Attend the annual AGM.
- Attendance at annual performances (2 a year) is expected
- In addition to board meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – may be necessary.
- This position will be held for a maximum of 3 years with a further 3-year extension if duly elected after the initial term in office.