Trustee - Honorary Treasurer
|Job Title:||Trustee - Honorary Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Stevens|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2021 08:28|
30 June 2021
By agreement with shortlisted candidates once sufficient applications of a high enough calibre have been received.
The post is voluntary and unpaid
Based at: We have an agile working policy where people can work from home, office or other agreed remote location. When current restrictions are lifted we anticipate Council meetings will be held via a mix of face-to-face and remote working technologies.
The Kent Wildlife Trust Group is Wild About Inclusion. To us this means inspiring, empowering and engaging people from all backgrounds, cultures, identities and abilities to change the natural world for the better. It also means cultivating inclusive workspaces that are free from discrimination, where differences are celebrated, everyone can be themselves and flourish, just like nature!
Globally and nationally wild animals and plants are in steep decline. We appear to be reaching critical tipping points around this loss of “biodiversity” as well as around climate change. Both are interlinked. Human society cannot prosper without wildlife and healthy natural systems.
Kent’s wildlife needs to be restored to much higher levels. We can no longer allow common things to become rare. We can only do this by restoring large-scale habitat from degraded land. Doing this will contribute to solving global problems. But we won’t be able to do this unless we publicly aspire to a higher level of impact and show that we can deliver this. This will get more people to support us, and work with us, which will create a virtuous circle.
Evan Bowen-Jones (CEO) and his team of over 1000 dedicated and passionate staff and volunteers have ambitious plans over the next five years to grow the income raised by the charity and its subsidiaries to help support our strategy outlined above. By becoming a trustee you will join a board of welcoming and committed volunteers with a passion for wildlife conservation.
At the moment we are looking for a trustee with the appropriate skills and experience to take on the role of Honorary Treasurer. Knowledge of financial reporting in the charity sector is helpful but not essential.
Responsibilities and Commitment
- To provide governance oversight of the financial affairs of the Trust and wider KWT Group via - for example – high-level monitoring of financial performance at Council and/or Committee and/or Task & Finish meetings and/or KWT subsidiary meetings.
- Provide financial guidance, and lead on analyzing and interpreting financial data, as appropriate and agreed with the Board and executive management teams.
- To play a key role, working with co-Trustees and the Chief Executive, in periodically agreeing the strategic direction of, and business plan for, the KWT Group and to ensure that its operations focus effectively on achieving these.
- Attend the quarterly KWT Council meetings and any ad-hoc meetings as are necessary from time to time.
- Contribute actively to the KWT Council, ensuring that the Council discharges its legal duties within its objectives and, through good governance, provides clear direction for the Trust and ensure that it delivers its charitable objects.
- Actively consider playing a part in the governance of the Trust’s commercial subsidiaries, and/or any Council sub-committees and/or Task & Finish groups that might be running at any given time.
- To safeguard the Trust’s reputation and other intangible assets, ensuring that there is mission consistency across the KWT group.
Kent Wildlife Trust is the leading wildlife charity for Kent and Medway, supported by its 32,000 members and staffed by committed professionals. We are all working to protect wildlife and to find better ways to run an efficient and effective organisation.
For an application pack, visit our website: www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk/jobs
To apply, please submit a short covering letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The interview process
Shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to have an informal chat with Evan Bowen-Jones, Chief Executive, which may then lead to a formal interview with Trustees and Senior Management.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's