Trustee (Finance specialism)
|Job Title:||Trustee (Finance specialism)|
|Reference:||Finance Trustee, Biggin Hill Memorial Museum|
|Contact Name:||Ellen Weineck|
|Job Published:||November 29, 2018 15:38|
Biggin Hill Memorial Museum Trust seeks new Trustee with financial experience
Apply by: 01/02/2019
Location: UK – London/Kent
Organisation size: Small museum
Sector: Heritage and Museums
About Biggin Hill Memorial Museum
Biggin Hill Memorial Museum will open to the public late January 2019. The museum Trust is working in partnership with Bromley Council to deliver the new museum building and conservation works to the memorial Chapel and gardens on site. The museum will tell the stories of those who experienced both world wars at RAF Biggin Hill and surrounding communities. Our vision is: ‘Remembering ‘the Few’ and honouring the Many’.
The museum’s mission is to: ‘Protect, gather and make known the stories of Biggin Hill and communicating its significant role in shaping the modern world’
The museum received planning permission and listed building consent in May 2017. A robust business plan has been put into place which ensures that the museum is sustainable and self-supporting; a museum for future generations. The building of the new museum and conservation of the historic Chapel, including repairs to the stained-glass windows, has taken just over a year to complete. The Chapel has been restored back to its original 1951 design, following the removal of the 1990 extension.
A professional team have been employed to manage the operations of the museum site including a Director, Commercial and Operations Officer, Learning and Access Officer and a Museum Assistant.
To date the project team and Trust have raised over £5.3m in order to bring this project to fruition. This fundraising included a grant of just under £2m from the HLF and £2m from the Treasury.
BHMMT has a Board of 10 Trustees. We are looking to employ an additional Trustee to provide day to day financial support in the running of the museum. This may include:
· dealing with intricacies involving Gift Aid and the relationship between the charity and the trading arm and
· Assisting and monitoring fundraising activities
· Reading budgets and accounts
· Interpreting financial reports and advising on appropriate action
Trustee candidates will ideally have:
· A senior business and/or finance background
· Recent experience of serving on the board of a charity or corporation
· An understanding of the role of Trustee and meet the eligibility requirements to act as a Trustee (The Charities Act 2001)
· Ability to work with our museum team and other trustees to encourage new and existing donor groups to maximise financial support for BHMMT’s growth strategy
· Ability to show a demonstrable commitment to BHMMT’s mission
The role is voluntary and unpaid.
Candidates will have a strong connection with the SE London / Kent area, ideally, specifically Biggin Hill or Bromley.
Once the museum is open and fully operational, the anticipated commitment is 2-4 days per quarter including board/committee meetings and ad hoc events/activities. Until then, candidates should be aware that further demands might be made on a Trustee’s time. Trustees can serve a maximum of 5 years.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's