Trustee, Finance and Audit Panel Member, Affinity Trust
|Job Title:||Trustee, Finance and Audit Panel Member, Affinity Trust|
|Salary:||0 - 4000|
|Reference:||REF Affinity Trust|
|Contact Name:||Ian Joseph|
|Job Published:||April 29, 2020 10:43|
We are seeking a financially qualified trustee to join the Board and the Finance and Audit Panel of the Affinity Trust. Candidates will need to be willing to commit at least twelve days a year to Affinity Trust work. They should have a relevant accounting qualification and significant senior financial experience.
Who we are
Affinity Trust has been supporting people with learning disabilities for 25 years and believes that everyone with a learning disability should receive the high quality, person-centred support they need to enable them to live their lives to the full as valued members of their community.
Affinity Trust was established to support people in the community following the closure of a long stay learning disability hospital in Berkshire. Since then we have grown to support people with a wide range of learning disabilities and associated needs in many parts of England and Scotland. Currently we support over 900 people using different service and support models, we employ almost 2,000 staff and have an annual income of £55m.
We are seeking a financially qualified trustee to join the Board and the Finance and Audit Panel of the Affinity Trust.
Candidates will need to be willing to commit at least twelve days a year to Affinity Trust work. They should have a relevant accounting qualification and significant senior financial experience.
- Broad understanding of the role of a Trustee/non-exec Board member
- Awareness of and commitment to principles of good governance
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and share collective Board responsibility
- Ability to act as a ‘critical friend’ to the Chief Executive and senior team
- Willingness to commit at least nine days a year to Affinity Trust work
- Awareness of safeguarding and its role in protecting vulnerable people
- Commitment to equality and diversity as it applies to Affinity Trust’s beneficiaries and to how the organisation, including its Board of Trustees, operates
- Willingness to undertake relevant training from time to time
- Understanding of the challenges and opportunities across social care sector and health sectors
- Relevant accountancy qualification
- Significant experience of working in a senior role in finance
- Understanding of financial audit and risk
- Understanding of nature of Social Care/Charity Finances including contract income