|Job Title:||Trustee (Finance)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Paula Walkington|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2019 10:20|
Penderels Trust is currently seeking expressions of interest from individuals to join our Board of Trustees.
As a Trustee, you will be able to use your valuable skills and experience to have a direct influence over the work of Penderels Trust.
It is a rewarding role, but there are responsibilities that you, as part of the Board of Trustees, will have:
- Ensuring that Penderels Trust is carrying out its purpose to benefit those it was set up to help and complies with its governing document and the law.
- Always acting in Penderels Trust’s best interests using reasonable care, your skills, knowledge and judgement. Working with senior managers to determine policy and to shape the future direction and potential for development of the Trust.
- Managing Penderels Trust’s resources responsibly by ensuring that the appropriate financial controls and reporting mechanisms are in place and that risks are identified and managed.
- Be accountable for the operation of Penderels Trust and for management accountability within the charity.
- Be a legally designated Director of Penderels Trust as a Company Limited by Guarantee.
In addition to above, Finance Trustee will have the following responsibilities:
- To assist the strategic development of Penderels Trust and provide financial oversight.
- Ensure that Penderels Trust’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- Lead the Board’s duty to ensure financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost management and investment policies.
Skills and Qualifications for the Finance Trustee:
- Financial qualifications with proven commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
For more information and the recruitment pack, please click on "Apply Now".