Trustee - Finance
|Job Title:||Trustee - Finance|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Trustee - Finance|
|Contact Name:||Polly Morgan|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2021 10:47|
About Migrant Help:
Migrant Help is a national charity offering support, guidance and accommodation to vulnerable migrants across the UK. We exist to support people who are impacted by displacement and exploitation to thrive as individuals and provide services to asylum seekers, refugees and victims of human trafficking and modern slavery.
Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
Our income is c£18m, a large proportion of which comes through statutory funding. We also have an award-winning social enterprise, Clear Voice, an interpreting and translation service whose profits go back into the charity.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a qualified accountant with commercial awareness to join our dedicated board of trustees to and our Finance and Audit Committee to help us deliver our charitable aims and strategic objectives:
- Overseeing the charity’s financial resources, risk management process and update the board on the financial health of the organisation at regular intervals
- Ability to communicate financial information to members of the board and other stakeholders
- Good analytical skills
- Willing to act as an ambassador for the charity to external bodies and companies
- Senior strategic management and leadership experience is essential.
- An understanding of charity finance and/or public sector commissioning is desirable
We are ideally looking for individuals with trustee or non-executive experience.
We particularly welcome applications from individuals with first-hand or indirect experience of being a refugee or migrant into the UK, either recently or in past generations.
Most importantly, of course, you will have compassion for the challenges facing refugees and asylum seekers in the UK.
The posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and references.
The post requires a commitment of 3-4 hours per month. The board meets a minimum of 4 times a year virtually, although we hope to return to face-to-face meetings in London. The Finance & Audit Committee also meets a minimum of 4 times a year, usually virtually.