Trustee (Corporate Strategy/Fundraising)
|Job Title:||Trustee (Corporate Strategy/Fundraising)|
|Contact Name:||Jeremy Wong|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 16:45|
Improbable are currently looking for new Trustees to join our board. Founded in 1996 and led by Phelim McDermott and Lee Simpson, we are a theatre company that defies categorisation. We are currently an NPO of Arts Council England.
What will you be doing?
All Improbable Trustees are asked to commit to the following:
- To attend four Board meetings a year, usually in London, for a minimum term of three years. We are able to cover reasonable travel expenses for trustees who would otherwise be unable to attend meetings, and/or to make arrangements for trustees to Skype into meetings.
- To attend Improbable performances and events when possible
- To help and tend at fundraising activities when required and when possible
- To provide advice and guidance to staff as reasonably required
In addition, Trustees are expected to:
- Commit to the mission and values of Improbable
- Understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a Trustee
- Help to make sure that Improbable is well governed and complies with its constitutional and charitable objectives
- Take joint responsibility for the charity’s effective and responsible fundraising
- Act as ambassadors for Improbable and, where possible, open doors and help the charity to grow its networks and contacts
- Actively contribute to Improbable’s plans and strategic direction
- Contribute ideas and contacts in developing our network of partners, supporters and donors
If you are unfamiliar with being a Trustee we would be happy to talk to you about it. You can also read our unofficial job advert: http://bit.ly/improbable-trustee. Acting as a Trustee is a voluntary, unpaid position, but we can cover travel and/or other expenses as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
We are particularly interested in appointing people who could support Improbable in any of these areas:
- Artistic and creative support to the company
- Legal expertise (especially in an arts setting, e.g. forming commercial agreements and establishing subsidiary vehicles)
- Developing our corporate offer (particularly Improbable for Business, and facilitating events for external organisations)
- Fundraising from larger Trusts & Foundations and/or high net worth individuals
If there are some elements of being a trustee that you’re not sure you meet, please apply anyway or get in touch to have a conversation. We're interested in the whole person and hope we help new trustees to develop skills on the job.
What difference will you make?
We need new trustees to help us build on Improbable's successes as a charity in the past six years – new trustees will help to steer and guide the Improbable senior management team in fulfilling our company's artistic and organisational goals. In turn, this will allow Improbable to reach greater numbers of people – both audiences and participants – with our ground-breaking improvisation work.
What's in it for you?
Trustees will have the opportunity to work closely with the senior management team of one of the leading improvisation-led theatre companies in the world (and indeed. the only improvisation-focused arts company in Arts Council England's National Portfolio). As such, trustees will have access to radical and cutting-edge artistic projects and research, as well as the opportunity to grow their network of artists, theatre-makers and arts professionals. Trustees will also be challenged in helping to shape and deliver our international artistic and workshop programmes.
A few more details
Deadline for applications: 1 April 2020
All details (including application instructions) are outlined in our Trustee Recruitment Pack – you can find a copy on our website in the "Jobs" section. If you'd rather apply in a different way, for example by sending an audio or video application, feel free to do so. Please make sure that it's good enough quality for us to listen/see and that it's no longer than 10 minutes.
Other notes on application
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's