Trustee - Chair of Finance and Audit Committee
|Job Title:||Trustee - Chair of Finance and Audit Committee|
|Contact Name:||Nicola Smith|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2021 10:44|
IAM RoadSmart is the UK’s leading road safety charity and we have been training better drivers and riders to make our roads safer for everyone since 1956. Today we’re as ambitious as ever about continuing to make a difference and reduce the number of people who are killed or injured on our roads.
We are seeking to appoint a Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee to lead the Committee in all aspects of its work and is responsible to effectively manage the affairs of the Finance and Audit Committee and ensure that it is properly organised and functions efficiently.
We welcome applications from individuals with senior management and leadership experience ideally with expertise in finance, accounting and auditing and experience of committee work and chairing meetings. Previous experience as a Trustee and/or Company Director will be an advantage.
The primary responsibilities of the Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee are to:
- Establish procedures to govern the Finance and Audit Committee's work and ensure it fully discharges its duties;
- Ensure there is an effective relationship between management and the members of the Finance and Audit Committee;
- In consultation with the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (the "CEO") and the Company Secretary, determine the frequency, dates and locations of meetings of the Finance and Audit Committee;
- Report to the Board of Trustees on the matters reviewed by, and on any decisions or recommendations of the Finance and Audit Committee;
- Ensure the proper flow of information to and from the Finance and Audit Committee;
- Chair meetings of the Finance and Audit Committee and encourage a free and open discussion at the meetings;
- Prepare the Finance and Audit Committee meeting agendas to ensure all required business is brought before the Committee to enable it to efficiently carry out its duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure, in consultation with the CEO and the CFO, that all items requiring the Finance and Audit Committee’s approval are appropriately tabled;
- To attend the AGM and respond to questions from IAM Members.
- Carry out any special assignments or any functions as requested by the Board of Trustees.
This role is required to commit to regular Board meetings held at our office in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire or in London. It is unremunerated, although expenses will be paid for attendance at meetings.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Oxfordshire Breastfeeding Support Trustee
0 - 0 This is a non paid voluntary role. Expenses will be reimbursed
Trustees for conflict-combatting charity
trustee expenses only
Community Foundation Trustees - Surrey
trustee expenses only