Trustee at Alvechurch CofE Multi Academy Trust
|Job Title:||Trustee at Alvechurch CofE Multi Academy Trust|
|Contact Name:||Academy Ambassadors|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2021 14:06|
This is an opportunity to contribute to the community within Alvechurch, Worcestershire by becoming an Academy Ambassador at Alvechurch CofE Multi Academy Trust. Board meetings are held at B48 7TA when safe to do so. Candidates of all faiths and of none are welcomed to apply.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Alvechurch Church of England Multi Academy Trust, formerly ‘Alvechurch Church of England Primary School’, seeks two non-executive directors/trustees to help strengthen the areas of financial management and law/legal frameworks. The trust seeks to ensure the board has a broad and diverse make up that is representative of the communities it represents, bringing a balance of skills, knowledge and experience in thought, expertise and lived experience, in order to offer the best range of perspective, and the best support and challenge to the leaders it holds to account. Applicants of all faiths and none are welcomed. Board meetings are held at Alvechurch C of E Middle School, Alvechurch, Worcestershire, though currently they are held virtually.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- legal/compliance and/or
- finance at CFO level (with accountancy qualifications)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Post Covid-19 recovery – managing the education landscape in the aftermath of Covid-19 and improving outcomes for Pupil Premium pupils;
- Financial management - to demonstrate robust financial planning and a healthy budget to ensure the trust finance is sustainable;
- Growth - to continue to grow and work with more schools.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/alvechurch-cofe-multi-academy-trust
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.