Trustee & Committee Members
|Job Title:||Trustee & Committee Members|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2021 15:31|
YMCA St Paul’s Group is a Charity and Registered Social Landlord that is a leading provider of youth, community and specialist supported housing across London and beyond. We are actively seeking committee members.
What will you be doing?
Our excellent, engaged, and diverse Board and Committee members are the ones who set our strategic direction, ensure that we stay strong and sustainable whilst delivering maximum impact. Working together with officers and staff they work out destination and monitor the milestones on our journey as we get there.
We are currently looking for committee members to help lead the Charity and deliver positive outcomes for those we serve. By applying your strategic skills and experience, gained either on a board or working at a senior level, you will provide the challenge and support necessary to ensure that we can continue to positively impact the lives of thousands of people across London and beyond.
To understand and reflect the diversity of our customers and staff, we also welcome applications from a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) background and people of lived experiences of social housing.
What are we looking for?
We are particularly looking for people with experience in the following areas:
- Housing management/asset management – from the social housing sector with either experience in housing services or repairs and maintenance and investment, or a combination of both
- Finance – a qualified accountant, ideally with background in housing or a related sector.
- Health & safety – a health & safety professional, ideally with a background in housing or building compliance.
- Property development – a residential property development professional, with experience and understanding of the development cycle from site acquisition through to planning, design, construction and marketing.
- Health, Wellbeing & Community work – experience of developing, monitoring or reporting on service user experiences and health outcomes for communities
- Digital – with experience of digitising services enabling customer engagement and efficiency.
- Partnerships and commission – with experience of leading, innovating and nurturing community partnerships and commissioning.
What's in it for the volunteer?
We are led by volunteer trustees and committee members who are committed to the Charity making a positive impact on the lives of those we serve across London and beyond. This has led to the Charity becoming the largest regional YMCA in the UK and Europe.
Whilst the Charity is quite large, it has retained its local feel. It continues to help local people make the best of their opportunities so they can belong, contribute and thrive.
All Committees meet four times a year on a virtual basis. Participation in strategy days and service user engagement activities is also required.
Before you apply
Please apply via the Reach platform. Once an expression of interest has been received, there will be: a) an informal conversation with the Head of Governance, and b) an interview with a trustee panel. If successful, there will be the opportunity to shadow and observe some board or committee meetings.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's