Trustee and Co-Treasurer
|Job Title:||Trustee and Co-Treasurer|
|Reference:||Trustee and Co-Treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Ieva Kelpsaite|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 13:24|
· Are you an looking for an opportunity to contributing to an organisation that seeks to resolve the challenges of our time?
· Are you committed to diversity and a future where all are encouraged to participate?
· Are you an experienced accounting or finance professional?
We’re looking for a Co-Treasurer (unpaid role) to join our Board to help us support our strategic direction and ensure good governance and financial process at the RSA. Additionally you would be someone who understands the issues around and need for diversity. It is envisaged that the role will be a Board level champion for diversity at the RSA.
You’ll show a commitment to the RSA’s mission and ideally be able to demonstrate an interest in the RSA’s work. You will have a finance background which might either be as qualified accountant but might be through other experience such as background working in finance or banking. You do not need to be a Fellow of the RSA but would be extended to join the RSA as a Fellow if you were successfully recruited. This is a voluntary role and trustees receive no remuneration.
What the role involves:
· Ensure that RSA complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation regulations
· Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements to the board
· Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
To find out more about this role, please download our role pack on our website.
The RSA combines thought leadership with civic innovation to further human progress. Building on our 260-year history as a beacon for enlightenment values, the RSA is currently at an exciting period in its history. We provide platforms for leading experts through the UK’s most ambitious free public lecture series, our projects generate new models for tackling the social challenges of today and we are building on our network of 30,000 Fellows around the world – these are achievers and influencers from every field with a real commitment to progressive and social change.
How to apply
To apply for this role please visit our recruitment page https://www.thersa.org/about-us/Jobs/current-vacancies and submit the below documents:
- Your current CV
- A short covering letter clearly addressing your interest for the role and setting out how you meet the role specification. You may address your covering letter to Nicholas Bull (General Counsel and Head of Chief Executive’s Office).
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on 3 May 2019. Candidates shortlisted will be expected to attend an interview at the RSA at a date to be arranged.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Treasurer – CharityComms
0 - 0
0 - 0 This is a non paid voluntary role. Expenses will be reimbursed
Treasurer @ Free Legal Advice Charity
Investment Committee - Chair/Committee Member Role
City of London
0 - 0
Trustees who have the skills to make impact!