Trustee and Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee
|Job Title:||Trustee and Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee|
|Contact Name:||Lena Hopkins|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2020 09:46|
We are looking for a new Trustee to join us to take our vision forward and to chair our Audit & Risk Committee (ARC). Details of the role, experience and time commitment are set out below. Our Trustee roles, which are voluntary, are high profile and rewarding and offer individuals the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our vision and mission and at the same time expand and enhance their own professional experience, expertise and networks. Trustees and Committee members work with senior executives from the Society alongside other Trustees from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Trustees are critical appointments for the Society. Successful applicants will display obvious enthusiasm for the Society’s work and values and commitment to its vision and mission.
The main responsibilities of a Trustee are:
- Contribute meaningfully to the strategic development of the Society, considering the organisation as a whole, and its beneficiaries, in all discussions around strategic planning and activity.
- Develop positive and constructive relationships with the Chair and Trustees, Chief Executive and Executive Board to enable effective discussion and decision making.
- Hold the Executive Board to account for its leadership and management of the Society, provide constructive challenge and support, ensure that adequate systems of control and risk management are in place and assure that the Society is sustainable and financially viable.
- Act with integrity, objectivity and honesty and to promote openness and trust in accordance with accepted standards of behaviour in public life.
- Represent the Society at key events and meetings.
To view the recruitment pack for Bristol Zoological Society ARC Chair & Trustee, please visit; https://bristolzoo.org.uk/trustee-and-chair-of-the-audit-risk-committee.
We very much hope that you will want to be considered for this role. Potential applicants are welcome to contact the Chair of Trustees or Chief Executive for a discussion in confidence around the role or the Society via Kristina Haldane, Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive (email: email@example.com). If you then wish to be considered for the role, please forward your curriculum vitae with a covering letter setting out why you are interested in this role to Kristina Haldane by Friday 11 September 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's