|Contact Name:||Jonathan Fogell|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 10:43|
Trustees (voluntary roles) - Learning Disability Charity
As part of Freeways Business plan for expansion and Freeways Trust Strategic Estate Plan, we have exciting opportunities for new trustees to join our Boards. Trustees will work across 2 charities; Freeways and Freeways Trust. The trustee role is a voluntary position that oversees the running of the charities.
Freeways is a local charity that supports people with learning disabilities. We are a highly regarded provider of residential care and supported living services. The aim of our services is to support people to become as independent as possible by helping them make choices, learn new skills and make links with their local community. We fundamentally believe that all individuals should be treated with respect and supported to be valued members of our communities irrespective of their ability.
Freeways Trust own, manage and maintain the majority of properties that Freeways use including residential care homes, supported living units, a day care centre and a hydrotherapy pool.
We are looking for a wide range of skills and experience including (but not limited to):
- Finance (at a senior level)
- Property Development and/or Construction
- Business Development
- Human Resources/Training/Recruitment
All Trustees must demonstrate:
- A commitment to the charities and their business aims.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgment and decision making skills.
- An ability to think creatively.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a team member.
- A commitment to Freeways values.
The role requires approximately 8 hours each month for:
- Board meetings and working groups (within area of expertise) at our head office set in the tranquil surroundings of Leigh Woods, just outside of Bristol.
- Occasional travel to our services across Banes, South Gloucestershire, Bristol and North Somerset.
- Reading documents in preparation for meetings.
In return for your commitment, as a trustee you will have the opportunity to:
- Make a positive difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities
- Benefit from a tailored induction
- Receive training and development in areas such as governance, leadership and safeguarding
- Work alongside highly experienced board professionals
- Extend your network and enhance your influencing and leadership skills
- Demonstrate your leadership skills to future employers
- Be reimbursed reasonable travel expenses.
Freeways and Freeways Trust are committed to promoting equal opportunities and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter highlighting how you meet the skills and experience required in the person specification to Jonathan Fogell, HR Assistant at email@example.com or contact Jonathan on 01275 372109 for more information.
Closing date: 29 April 2019
Interviews: 16 or 17 May 2019
All trustees must complete a range of statutory and regulatory background checks including enhanced DBS check.