|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 13:50|
Croydon Vision is looking for a new Trustee to join the Board.
We are particularly looking for someone with skills and knowledge in Business Development and Fundraising.
To assist the Board of Trustees and Executive Director with expertise in business development, corporate sponsorship and other funding initiatives. Offering oversight and guidance as the organisation continues to diversify income streams.
We are particularly looking for someone with the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- An understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility and how impactful corporate-charity relationships are built.
- Strategic vision, analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
This is an outline only, not definitive in any way
ATTRIBUTES OF CROYDON VISION’S BOARD MEMBERS
- An enthusiasm for the work of Croydon Vision and a willingness to act as an advocate.
- A commitment to promote opportunities for people with sight loss or community development at large.
- A commitment to carry out the duties of a Board Membership.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and a willingness to state personal convictions and, equally, to accept a majority decision and be tolerant of the views of other people.
- A preparedness to offer personal and business skills and experience to support the work of staff and volunteers when required.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TRUSTEE (BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT)
- To assist in the strategic development of a growing organisation.
- To advise on the development of partnerships within the business community leading to Corporate Social Responsibilities’ or other support e.g. corporate sponsorship.
- To link with businesses and organisations and develop working partnerships that may lead to increased sustainability.
- To provide thought leadership around issues of business development and sustainability.
- Contributing knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, understanding results and budgets with real insight.
- Up to 6 board meetings (2hrs each) held a year (excluding the AGM), currently held at Croydon Vision’s office
- A commitment to attend some events by Croydon Vision and any other key meetings, where appropriate
BENEFITS OF TRUSTEESHIP WITH CROYDON VISION
- Contributing to a great cause – supporting people with sight loss
- Strategic experience – critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional networks – meeting diverse professionals
- Developing skills and experience – adapting your professional knowledge
- Team working – constructively challenge ideas, interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email HR@croydonvision.org.uk your CV along with a covering letter of 250-300 words; stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Please note, an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and reference check will be obtained for the successful candidate.
Application and Selection Process – Dates for your diary:
Application’s Closing Date
7th June 2019
Interview Process (some flexibility applies)
WKC 17th June 2019
Induction Process (some flexibility applies)
WKC 24th June 2019
72-74 Wellesley Road