|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 13:39|
Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seeks a Trustee to join our Board.
As the world's biggest professional health and safety membership organisation, we're the voice of the profession, campaigning on issues that affect millions of working people.
If you want to make a difference, share our passion for change and excellence and possess the leadership qualities to help us deliver our charitable aim of: A safe and healthy world of work – we want to hear from you!
The Trustee Role
- The Board of Trustees is appointed by Council and is responsible for managing IOSH’s affairs with legal accountability for all activities and results of the Institution.
- Being a trustee is a responsible position requiring an active role in the governance of the organisation, ensuring that IOSH continues to flourish and aspire to ‘a safe and healthy world of work’.
- The Board sets strategy and policy, in consultation with others and oversees the implementation of such, as well as the effective and efficient management of IOSH through the Chief Executive and Board Committees.
- Successful track record of achievement throughout career.
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic level within a complex organisation.
- An understanding of governance and the skills, intellect and stature required to be an effective trustee of a high calibre board.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong team player.
- Integrity and commitment to the Institution.
- Strong commercial nous; experience of considering and supporting innovative approaches to diversifying income streams, such as external partnerships, membership strategies and commercial investment.
- A strong interest in the work undertaken by the Institution.
- An understanding of the challenges of business management and organisational development.
- A sound understanding of the importance of corporate responsibility.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to fulfil the duties as a trustee.
To ensure we have a diverse and inclusive Board with different skills and perspectives, we welcome all applications that meet the person specification, particularly from women and black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these characteristics are underrepresented on the Board.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Millions of people have their lives severely affected because of the work they do, with illness, injury and death all too common. So, if you want to make a difference and be involved in making the world of work globally safer this is a great opportunity to get involved.
The role is unremunerated however reasonable expenses will be paid.
It will require a time commitment of 12 days a year, inclusive of board meetings, development days, and board committee meetings
- Meetings are usually held at IOSH Head office, The Grange,Highfield Drive, Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 1NN.
- Location of interviews: London
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a CV to Reach TrusteeWorks.
Only non-members of IOSH (Independent) are eligible to apply for this position.
Application deadline is April 10th.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's