|Contact Name:||Reem Issa|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 12:15|
About the Charity
Awareness Foundation an international, ecumenical, educational charity that works to build peace through education, and build bridges between East and West.
We are fortunate that HRH The Countess of Wessex GCVO is our Royal Patron.
For more details, please visit our website: www.awareness-foundation.com
The Benefits of Joining the Awareness Team
You will be part of a world-class team of like-minded professionals who contribute to a great cause and are determined to make a meaningful difference. It is a rewarding experience that will help you expand your network, form deep connections and develop your leadership skills and talents.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking individuals with a strong passion for creating a better world and building peace in our communities.
We want to create a team with the skill to raise the profile of Awareness Foundation in the U.K and to help us grow into an organisation that can deliver sustainable social impact.
If you have skills in accounting, finance, management or business development, then we would love to hear from you.
Main Responsibilities of a Trustee:
- To ensure that the Charity complies with its governing document and its objectives.
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the Charity, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the Charity and ensure its financial stability and sound risk management.
- To make full use of any specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board make good decisions, and contribute at meetings to monitor the implementation of decisions taken at meetings.
- To help raise the public profile of the charity.
- To declare any conflict of interest while carrying out the duties of a trustee.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- To attend meetings and read papers in advance of meetings.
- To attend sub-committee meetings and participate in other tasks as they arise from time to time, such as interviewing new Trustees, support with fundraising etc.
- To keep informed about the organisation and the wider issues that affect its work in addition to the duties of all trustees. This will involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, and providing advice and guidance requested by the board on new initiatives or other issues relevant to the area of the organisation's work in which the trustee has special expertise.
The above list of duties is indicative only and not exhaustive. The Trustee will be expected to perform all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
Term and Time Commitment:
Trustees are appointed for a three-year term. The Board of Trustees meets 4 times a year plus one international meeting. Occasionally additional meetings may be required for recruitment or strategic development. In addition to board meetings, communication between meetings takes place via email, and telephone. The time commitment for Trustees is expected to be 1-2 days per month, on average. Energy and commitment to working with the Awareness Foundation for a period of three years is required.
Knowledge, skills and understanding:
- Commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board, and a willingness to speak their mind
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
- Good, independent judgement and strategic vision
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A track record of commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- An understanding of the respective roles of the Chair, Trustees and senior staff.
- High emotional intelligence, coupled with strong relational and communication skills.
- The ability to build an effective relationship with the ED & CEO, characterised by both support and effective challenge.
- A strong and visible passion and enthusiasm for Awareness Foundation's work.
- Ability to foster a collaborative team environment with other trustees.
- Strong networking capabilities that would support AF.
Your Next Steps
For a full role description, to find out more about AF, or to have a conversation about the position, please email Reem Issa at email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a short statement of interest to the above email.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's