|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Dawn Holden|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2019 22:36|
At almost 90 years old, YHA is a charity with a proud history of enabling people from all walks of life to explore the beauty and breadth of England and Wales. It’s a well-established organisation, with a portfolio of over 150 hostels in the countryside, on the coast and in many major cities.
We’re here to improve the physical and mental health, wellbeing and life skills of all our guests. We know we make the biggest difference to young people, particularly those with challenging lives who cannot access lifechanging experiences of travel and adventure without us.
Becoming a Trustee
YHA is a large and multi-faceted charity. Our Board of Trustees have the overall responsibility for setting the vision and strategic direction of the organisation, with a shared passion for continuous improvement and drive to make a positive impact on young lives.
Applications are welcomed from those who can display:
- experience of working at senior or Board level, providing strategic leadership during times of change. The ability to analyse information and prepare well for Board meetings is crucial to making an impact.
- vision, enthusiasm, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to influence Board decisions, and challenge and support the Executive team.
- a commitment to YHA, fully supporting our charitable object and focus on young people. Trustees are ambassadors for YHA and champion its visitors, guests, members and volunteers.
To maintain the balance of skills and experience on the Board in 2019/20 we are particularly interested to hear from applicants with experience as follows:
- evaluation and ongoing management of major
- construction projects
- education policy and schools’ curriculum
- hospitality or travel sector
- member or volunteer management
- human resources/organisation development
Ready to make your mark? We want you on board
To find out more about this fantastic volunteering opportunity and download the application documents you will need to submit please visit: jobs.yha.org.uk/trustee-recruitment
YHA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all. All applications must be received by 9am on 1st April 2019. Please note this is an unpaid position