|Contact Name:||Leah Waters|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2019 09:12|
The Trustee Board of Henderson Hub are seeking to recruit one or two new members to join the existing team of five trustees to support the ongoing development of the charity.
Individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas will be particularly welcome:
- Financial management
- Human resources
- Company secretarial
For more information please visit www.henderson-hub.org.uk
Henderson Hub Trustees lead the organisation and provide strategic direction and oversight. Trustees act as Directors of Henderson Hub Company Limited under the Companies Act 2006 and as Trustees of a registered charity (as defined by the Charities Act 2011). The Trustee Board is collectively and individually responsible for:
- ensuring Henderson Hub Company Limited is effectively managed and that its affairs are in order
- ensuring the company operates within its objectives and governing documents
- ensuring the company provides strategic direction though annual plans, setting of policies and the development of strategies
- supporting the Project Director in managing paid staff and volunteers.
- securing sound financial management, including the meeting of all financial regulation and the auditing of accounts
- ensuring the Board uses its funds and assets wisely to further its aims, and doesn’t do anything to put its property, funds, assets or reputation at risk and takes appropriate care and advice when raising or investing money
- assuring that the organisation is run effectively, risks are mitigated, there is a continuous improvement in quality and the organisation’s reputation is upheld
- maintaining the effectiveness of the Board itself, including overseeing the establishment of the organisation, developing and ensuring compliance with codes of practice, and maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour.
We ask that Trustees allow approximately one-two days a month to undertake the role effectively. We are a volunteer led and run organisation. Trustees will be required to attend Henderson Hub Board meetings which take place quarterly plus the AGM, and to lead on some initiatives.
The role of trustees is voluntary and unpaid.
Term of Office
Trustees are asked to serve for a period of three years from the date of appointment.
Application and Selection Process
Applications are invited from people who live or work in the Abbots Langley area, or who have a broad knowledge of the village and its arts community and an affinity with the Henderson Hub’s objectives.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply
If you would like to speak to us for more information, please contact our chair Andrew Stanley on 07876 020313. You may apply for the position by submitting a CV and personal statement to our company secretary Roger Gotts on firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting him on 07914 845261