|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 19:19|
We support the long term recovery and reintegration of the most socially excluded members of society across Merseyside.
We work with individuals, their families, partner organisations and the community to enable people to re-build their lives, their self-confidence and their futures.
We seek to strengthen our Board with the appointment of a new Trustee who will work with the current members to develop the organisation as we grow our services, particularly the supported housing project, and help stabilise our business model in this challenging funding environment. The board welcomes new ideas and insight.
Main Responsibilities for a Trustee
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document (i.e. memorandum and articles of association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- To ensure that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
- To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
- To appoint the chief executive officer and monitor his/her performance.
- To work with, support and where appropriate provide constructive challenge to, the CEO and officers
- To keep abreast of developments in the industry and organisation
We are particularly interested in recruiting a Trustee with the following skills or experience
- Business Strategy
- Change Management
- Substance abuse
Essential attributes for a Trustee
- A commitment to the aims and values of the Independence Initiative.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and to prioritise and attend all Board meetings as far as possible.
- Strategic vision and the ability to balance longer and shorter term objectives.
- Good, independent judgement.
- A willingness to speak your mind.
- A customer service orientation.
- Patience and resilience.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Desirable attributes for a Trustee
- An understanding of the issues around substance abuse
- Experience of working with agencies or groups working with substance abuse issues
- Knowledge of the Housing Benefit system
- An understanding of the Housing Association sector
The board meets every six weeks.
The Independence Initiative, 64-68 Balliol Rd, Bootle, Merseyside, L20 7EJ
How to apply
Applications should be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance.
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's