Laurel Trust - Trustee
|Job Title:||Laurel Trust - Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Marsha Isilar-Gosling|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 11:08|
The Laurel Trust is a recently formed charity founded to support school-based action research and innovation by collaborative partnerships of primary phase schools, including early years and SEND providers serving areas of multiple deprivation, including Opportunity Areas and supported by secondary schools, TSAs, universities, local authorities and other partners.
We have just successfully completed our pilot year with thirteen imaginative projects involving over 100 primary schools in diverse geographical areas from Blackpool to Kings Lynn to the East Sussex coast. This year we are funding further projects with a focus on Special Educational Needs and Disability aiming to make a crucial difference to children’s life chances in the research partnerships and inform best practice regionally and nationally.
The Trustees wish to attract candidates with a commitment to the Trust’s mission who will join our existing experienced Board and help to create a more diverse Board with a wider range of skills and experience, details of which can be found below. But in every instance the Trustees are seeking to bring in senior level expertise and experience for the assurance of meeting the charitable objects.
We are looking for individuals with a strong track record of proven and significant achievement in one of the following fields:
- Charity governance with a clear understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship and an understanding of the respective roles of the Chair, Trustees and Executive Officers
- Charity finance, ideally although not essentially, with an added understanding of investment management and grant giving
- Senior leadership in a primary education setting with particular expertise in Special Educational Needs, disability and multi-agency support environment
- Educational leadership at primary or senior levels in areas of multiple deprivation
- Educational research and dissemination or education publishing with specific expertise in preparing and assessing publications
- Policy making in education and/or influencing policy such as experience of holding a senior educational position in local authorities, DFE or a national think tank, charity or agency
Please click on the following link for more information: https://trustees-unlimited.co.uk/become-a-trustee/5747/laurel-trust-trustees
If you’re interested in becoming a Laurel Trust Trustee and have the skills and experience to support and help further develop our organisation, please contact Marsha Gosling at Trustees Unlimited, firstname.lastname@example.org / 07818 509690.