|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 16:04|
Young Women’s Trust
Young Women’s Trust is the only organisation that focuses solely on supporting and representing women aged 18-30, in England and Wales, who are unemployed or struggling to live on low pay. We offer free employment coaching and personalised advice on job applications to support young women into work and out of poverty and we conduct research and run campaigns to give young women fair opportunities to access, sustain and progress in work.
Young Women's Trust is looking for new Board members.
- Trustees are expected to attend and participate in Board meetings regularly
- Make sure that there are good ways that the executive team report to the Board and provide evidence of what the charity is doing
- Make sure that the trustees receive all the information they need in order to make good decisions and meet their statutory responsibilities
- Trustees need to make sure that the money and resources of the charity are being used for its defined purposes.
- Support the work of the staff and volunteers by advising members of staff in relation to their own expertise
- Attend events and represent the charity as agreed with the Chair or Chief Executive
We’re looking for people who share our passion for making a difference for young women.
We are particularly interested in candidates with one of the following:
- Practical experience of digital marketing
- Frontline service delivery experience
- The ability to help us influence industry to make the workplace a fairer place for young women
- Be committed to and enthusiastic about YWT and its purposes and be able and willing to devote the necessary time and effort
- Prepared to speak their mind and make difficult or unpopular decisions
- Be committed to promoting equality and diversity
- Be willing to use their skills and experience for the benefit of YWT and be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad-hoc basis
- Have an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Have a proven track record of acting with integrity, objectivity, openness and honesty
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Have a good understanding of the respective roles of Chair, Trustee and Chief Executive
- An understanding of the needs of disadvantaged young women
The most effective Boards are ones which benefit from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets. YWT is committed to increasing the diversity and range of skills on the Board and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
What in it for the Volunteer?
We have ambitious plans to scale up our work to reach more disadvantaged young women and to extend the influence and impact of our research and campaigns, which makes this an exciting time to join the charity and help us support more women achieve their own ambitions.
4 Board meetings per annum - usually held on a weekday between 4pm and 7pm.
There is also 1 Board away-day each year.
How to apply
Please send a CV to Reach Volunteering along with a supporting statement outlining why you are interested in the Young women’s Trust and how you believe your skills and experience will strengthen their board.