10 days ago
Stokenchurch Dog rescue cio
TRUSTEES – STOKENCHURCH DOG RESCUE CIO
We are delighted to be recruiting new voluntary Trustees to join our existing Board.
Stokenchurch Dog Rescue CIO (SDR) is particularly interested in individuals who could bring skills in any of the following areas: -
- Finance and Risk Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Social Media and IT management
- Membership and Volunteer recruitment and support
SDR is a small independent charity. For nearly 60 years it has been rescuing and rehoming abandoned dogs, primarily within a 50-mile radius of Stokenchurch. Our plans and ambitions go on at a pace and we never let the stiff competition for scarce funding daunt us. You must be open to the challenge and you will naturally share our values and understand our priorities.
We are proud of our dedicated team and their work in the welfare of unwanted dogs. An important aspect of this work is the benefit our work brings to people's lives and mental health through dog ownership and volunteering. We know this because they often tell us.
As a trustee, you will be able to donate your skills, time and attention to our worthwhile and rewarding cause. In return, we can offer the opportunity to be part of a small, friendly and committed team with a dedication and passion for its work and every dog that arrives in need of care and a brighter future.
Trustees are appointed by the Board of Trustees and elected by the Members of the charity. As a voting member of the Board of Trustees, you will share the collective responsibility to act in the best interests of the charity by directing the affairs of SDR - ensuring it is solvent, well run, and delivering on the mission and objectives for which the charity was set up.
As well as exercising your statutory duties and using your expertise to influence how we do things, you will need to attend monthly evening Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM) as well as occasional ad-hoc meetings and engagement in project and fundraising work from time to time either with fellow trustees, employees and/ or volunteers. Trustees will need to be able to visit the site as required.
We are looking for: -
- substantial professional experience and if you have experience of charity governance as a trustee all the better
- a commitment to the SDR’s core purpose, its values and ethics as well as an enthusiasm to devote the necessary time and effort
- good communication skills
- a team-orientated approach to problem-solving and management
- an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- a willingness to treat all members of the SDR family with respect
- a commitment to maintain confidentiality, disclose any conflicts of interest and abide by professional standards and conduct
To apply, please see SDR CIO website at address given