|Salary:||Unpaid Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 17:08|
Ahimsa are currently looking for new trustees to join their existing board. We are particularly interested in someone with a background in all or some of these areas: HR, Finance, Business Planning and Operational Management.
Ahimsa have been running as a charity since 1990 challenging and supporting perpetrators of abuse to cease their violent and abusive behaviour to become responsible and loving human beings. Our aim is to support the safety and well-being of everyone concerned and to enable them to achieve loving, responsible and fulfilling non-abusive relationships with current, future or past partners and with your children.
- To ensure that the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements and acts in accordance with its governing document.
- To safeguard and promote the values and mission of the charity.
- To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through clear strategic planning and business planning.
- To uphold the fiduciary duty invested in the position, undertaking such duties in a way that adds to public confidence and trust in the charity.
- To promote and develop the charity in order for it to grow and to maintain its public benefit.
- To maintain sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisation’s objects, that investment activities meet accepted standards, that effective internal controls and risk management procedures are in place.
- To ensure that a fully effective and appropriate system is in place for the recruitment, appointment and monitoring of the work and activities of the Service Delivery Manager and where applicable other members of the management team.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity and its resources, striving for best practice in good governance.
- To abide by all relevant Ahimsa policies and procedures.
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Ahimsa
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- The ability to understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team while contributing an independent perspective
What difference will you make?
Guiding the board on key strategic decisions regarding the effective running of the organisation is central to this role and will add significant value to the board’s decision making.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
This presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a small organisation that work very collaboratively always keeping their core purpose in mind. It’s a wonderful time to join as we continue to grow and develop with an increased demand.
- There are four board meetings a year at their offices in Plymouth. They usually take place on Tuesday at 10am.
- Trustees may also be called on by email a few hours a month.
- It would be very desirable for trustees to have flexibility and availability to provide ad hoc support as required.
Before you apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Ahimsa, 14 The Square, First Floor, The Millfields, Plymouth, PL1 3JX, England