24 days ago
Learning with Parents
About Learning with Parents
The pandemic has shone an even brighter light on the importance of effectively supporting parents. Despite being a focus for schools, children from disadvantaged backgrounds are still months behind their peers. Parents are the key to solving this and their engagement in their child’s learning has a greater impact than the quality of the school. At Learning with Parents, we work with schools and families to unlock this potential.
Learning with Parents is a charity with a vision for every child to be supported at home to fulfil their potential. Our mission is to motivate and empower families to have enjoyable learning experiences together.
Read our 2020 impact report.
About the Role
Our next steps as a charity will be to increase the number of children and parents we work with through working with more schools and developing more partnerships. We are looking for committed and passionate Trustees who are dedicated to supporting Learning with Parents to ensure all children are supported at home to reach their potential.
Learning with Parents is recruiting for three individuals to join our Board of Trustees. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with fundraising or legal expertise. We are also looking to appoint a qualified accountant.
We think it is important that our charity reflects the lived experience of our beneficiaries, and we want to be an organisation where employees and supporters from any background can thrive. We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans including non-binary (LGBTQ+) candidates, and candidates from low-income families. These groups are currently underrepresented at Learning with Parents, and we are committed to increasing representation and diversity at the charity.
There are numerous statutory responsibilities of a Trustee and a certain level of commitment is required. Please see our Terms of Reference for more details.
- A commitment to Learning with Parents’ charitable mission
- Experience of operating at a senior or Board level
- Experience of effective, fair and impartial decision-making
- Experience of developing, and working towards, a strategic vision
- Experience of building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Willingness to contribute the time and effort necessary to the position
- Appetite to challenge and discuss issues openly and to make difficult decisions
- Ability to advocate on behalf of the charity, particularly within your network
- An understanding / willingness to learn the responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An understanding / willingness to learn the roles of Chair, Trustee and CEO
We are particularly excited to hear from anyone with experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Experience of fundraising and contacts that would support this activity for LwP
- Knowledge of the law from a Charity’s perspective
- Accountancy and financial management