|Contact Name:||Rachel Brown|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2021 13:58|
The Social Interest Group (‘SIG’) is set up to bring small and medium charities together to work under one umbrella to focus on delivering good quality social and health care services for people who are recovering from mental illness, substance and alcohol misuse and homelessness. They also provide rehabilitation services for offenders in prison and ex-offenders in the community and who may be vulnerable or be living chaotic and complex lives
SIG (the parent company), their subsidiaries Penrose, SIG Investments, Equinox Care and Pathways to Independence, work to tackle social and health care inequalities and fill gaps in service provision in order to ensure that people in our society have every opportunity to live fulfilled, healthy and constructive lives.
Through their values they are committed to:
- Delivering excellence and innovation
- Promoting equality and mutual respect
- A belief that positive change is possible
- Involving and consulting service users
- Active citizenship and community involvement
- Valuing staff, harnessing their full potential
SIG is now seeking two new Trustees to join the SIG Investments Board with specific areas of expertise in Housing and Finance.
The successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A clear commitment to the mission and values of the Group
- The capacity to participate actively and from an informed position
- A willingness to use personal networks and resources of relevance to their charitable purpose
- Specialist knowledge of relevance to the Group, particularly in relation to the business sector; housing and finance.
- Experience as a service user/carer/or a track record at a senior level in a not-for-profit, private or public sector organisation;
- A passion for their work, and to promoting SIG and its subsidiaries as an organisation
Meetings are held in the evening at their head office in the Angel/Highbury & Islington area or virtually; there are 4 meetings plus one ‘away day’ each year. The total time commitment is in the region of four hours per month.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
These unremunerated roles are open to all who meet the essential criteria. Applications should be submitted via the Charisma Charity Recruitment website and include your CV and Supporting Statement. For more information, please contact Sandra Smith, Managing Consultant on 0207 998 8888 or email email@example.com quoting reference JO2889.
Closing date for applications: 24 October 2021
Interview date: mid November 2021