|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2021 14:34|
Groundwork is seeking new Trustees who are passionate about Yorkshire. We have programmes in Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Selby, Scarborough and Hull, and we are looking for people who want to help us develop our work in these areas.
Groundwork is a leading regeneration charity, working through partnership to create communities in which people are proud to live and work.We’re passionate about creating a future where every neighbourhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for Trustees who have the energy, time and commitment to play a full role in our governance, by volunteering their time to support the work of the charity. The minimum time commitment is six to eight meetings per year; allowing around half a day per meeting. Trustees are appointed for a term of three years, with potential to extend for a further three years.
We are seeking Trustees who are interested in or knowledgeable about the work we do. We particularly interested in hearing from people who have worked in, or who can show an interest in, one of the following areas:
- Improving people’s prospects - increasing the confidence, skills, wellbeing and employability of those struggling in education or out of work.
- Creating better places - making communities greener, safer and healthier and by enabling people to work together to bring about change in their local area.
- Promoting greener living and working – helping people and businesses reduce their environmental impact, improve their health, cut waste and save money.
We want to expand the diversity of our board. We will prioritise applications from women, people of colour, people with disabilities and those aged 45 and under, and welcome applications from other underrepresented or marginalised groups.
What are we looking for?
As a Trustee of you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to Groundwork Yorkshire
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability,
- openness, honesty and leadership
What's in it for the volunteer?
What Do You Get As a Volunteer Trustee?
- An opportunity to exercise and grow your strategic skills, knowledge and experience, possibly in a different environment or context
- A chance to co-create, analyse, adapt and implement strategic growth for the organisation
- A chance to augment your experience of charities
- Personal and career development
- Satisfaction of helping our beneficiaries and supporting real change in our communities
We estimate the minimum time commitment to be 6-8 meetings per year, allowing around half a day per meeting.
Before you apply
Please send us your CV with a 1 page supporting statement that outlines the skills, knowledge, lived experience or passion you would bring to our Board.
Deadline: 31 Aug 2021