|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2021 15:31|
Join a diverse trustee team and play a part in sustaining an innovative advice service that meet the current and future needs of the people of South Somerset .
Citizens Advice South Somerset helps clients prepare for and manage through key life events and change by delivering information, advice and casework support as well as education prevention programmes. On average we help over 6,000 people each year and last year we helped record numbers of people.
As a trustee you will get a fantastic insight into the work of our organisation and all the systems, controls and activities necessary to run an effective and impactful charity. The Board meets 6 times a year (5.00pm – 7.00pm by zoom). We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board and to attract new trustees who bring skills such as IT and Information Assurance, HR and People Management, Property and Finance expertise.
Our vision is to deliver excellence in prevention and advice services, helping clients to prepare for and manage through key life events and change. As an independent charity we are governed by a Board of Trustees who are responsible in law for overseeing the organisation and ensuring that we operate effectively and to high standards of professional practice. The Board works with the CEO to set the strategic direction of the organisation and to provide public accountability for the work that we do.
We are keen to welcome people onto the Board of Trustees who share our passion for the work that we do. As a trustee you don’t need specific qualifications or skills, most importantly of all you will be asked to commit to the values and principles of Citizens Advice and specifically our commitment to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion. You will need to:
- understand and accept the responsibilities and liabilities as trustees
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good communication skills
- be able to exercise good independent judgment
- be confident using IT, cloud-based systems and online meeting platforms
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- make a positive impact for people in your local area by ensuring that Citizens Advice South Somerset is sustainable and meeting the needs of the community
- meet people and build relationships with other trustees, staff and other volunteers
- build on your governance, leadership and strategy skills
- increase your employability
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
The board meets 6 times a year usually for a 5.00pm – 7.00pm and currently these are held online.
Before you apply
Applications are through Reach TrusteeWorks.
The application process will include the option for an informal chat with existing trustees and the CEO ahead of completing the application form and attending an interview. For more information about us including our annual report and business plan please visit our website.
Deadline: 12 Aug 2021