|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Ann Collins|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018 10:24|
Learning disability charity Brandon Trust is looking for new trustees to join its Board. In return for your commitment and expertise, there’s a real opportunity to develop your skills, influence decision-making and enhance people’s lives as part of a talented, collaborative team. Each trustee is also a Director of the company.
Brandon exists to enable adults and children with learning disabilities and autism to live the lives they choose. We work across the south of England, providing high-quality, individualised support that is genuinely life-enhancing.
Detailed knowledge of the social care sector and governance aren’t necessary; it’s your own experience which will enable you to play an active role in leading Brandon during a challenging period for the social care sector.
In return for your commitment, as a trustee you will have the opportunity to:
- Benefit from a tailored induction and mentoring programme,
- Receive training and development in a range of areas, including:
- Governance and leadership,
- Key technical matters (e.g. finance, reporting, legal),
- Specific charity sector areas,
- Work alongside highly experienced board professionals,
- Gain unique insight into a key national sector at a time of great change,
- Develop your skills and apply them to real-world challenges,
- Extend your network and hone your influencing and leadership skills,
- Demonstrate leadership to future employers with a senior role on your CV.
We are particularly interested in people with senior/board-level experience in the following areas:
- Operational management / efficiency
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Working / living with learning disabilities or individuals with complex needs.
You’ll need to commit to the equivalent of approximately 10 days a year for meetings in Bristol, in addition to occasional travel to our areas across the south of England, all of which are diarised well in advance. You’ll also need to read board papers, which can be managed flexibly in your own time. We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
For more information on Brandon and the work we do, please visit our website. You can also contact Ann Collins, Governance and Executive Assistant, on 0117 907 7200 or email email@example.com
To apply, please download an application form from our website. Please send the application form and your CV giving details of your employment history and voluntary roles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10:00am Tuesday 25 September 2018.
Interviews will be held on Friday 12 October 2018 at our Head Office in Patchway, Bristol.
All trustees must complete a range of statutory and regulatory background checks including DBS checks.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's