|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2021 15:27|
Colab Exeter’s purpose is to provide a shared workspace for a range of organisations to collaborate effectively and by doing so, address key social challenges in the city. The aim of all joint work is to improve outcomes and life chances for a wide range of people, but particularly those with multiple disadvantages and complex needs.
CoLab Exeter are looking for trustees who can offer new insights and solutions that will contribute to the further development and direction of our organisation.
The role of the Board of Trustees is to hold the charity "in trust" for current and future beneficiaries by:
- Ensuring the charity has a clear vision, purpose and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these
- Being responsible for the performance of the charity, ensuring the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Acting as guardians of the charity's assets,both tangible and intangible
- Ensuring that the charity's governance is of the highest standard.
As well as the various statutory duties, any trustee should make full use of any specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board make good decisions.
As well as an interest in charity governance and/or a knowledge of working with or supporting people with complex needs; we are looking for Trustees who are able to understand the challenges and opportunities facing the organisation as we progress though our next phase of development.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have any previous experience of working in:
- commercial business
- commissioning and contracts
- local authority leadership
- public relations
Skills and Experience
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- Relevant professional experience or lived experience that provides insight and understanding to the role of CoLab Exeter and the support and services we deliver
- Proven ability to communicate with others in an accessible way
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Skills and experience in developing strategy and/or business management
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management
Please see Reach for an information pack and full person description.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will get to work with a fabulous Leadership Team, Board of Trustees and around 30 plus diverse organisations collaborating under one roof and providing key services for some of the most vulnerable of our community from the homeless, men and women in the criminal justice system, refugees, ex-military personnel and those with mental health issues.
If you're passionate about helping people with complex needs, can empathise with the challenges facing our client group and would enjoy a trustee role that is likely to broaden your horizons, we'd love to hear from you.
The Board meets four times per year – usually on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday at 4.30pm.
How to apply
Applications are through Reach TrusteeWorks. Please send an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and what skills, qualities, and experience you can offer to the organisation and the Board of Trustees to email@example.com. Deadline: Wednesday 28th April 2021.