|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2021 11:33|
MumsAid is currently looking for 2 new, dynamic, trustees who can bring their energy and expertise to the board. As we look to develop and expand our services further, we are looking for skilled, strategic minded individuals, passionate about our values that are able to provide strategic guidance and input.
We are particularly keen to recruit trustees who have experience in the following areas: Digital Systems, Information Management and Organisational Growth, Change Management and Marketing skills. Equally, if you share our passion for supporting mothers and their families with maternal mental health and feel you have something to offer the board, we would love to hear from you.
Trustees must have:
- A commitment to our organisation and its objectives;
- Strategic vision;
- Independent judgement;
- An ability to think creatively;
- An understanding of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a Trustee.
In addition to your statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
This is an exciting time for MumsAid as we develop and expand our services and explore opportunities to share our expertise more widely so that we can support more mothers and babies in Greenwich and beyond. You will be able to use your skills and experience to ensure we have a robust strategy in place. You will have the opportunity to both showcase your skills as well as learn new ones.
- The role will require regular attendance at two-hour board meetings, held every 6 weeks in Greenwich/Blackheath, plus one half-day awayday per year.
- We also expect trustees to be able to provide support for MumsAid in between meetings, usually remotely. This might be through involvement in board sub-committees which meet every 6 weeks (e.g. on finance and fundraising) or project groups, or by providing advice, input or guidance to the senior management as appropriate (e.g. acting as a sounding board for the CEO, reviewing or commenting on reports, funding applications or policies).