|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Trena Battams|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2018 14:45|
The Board of Trustees is responsible for overall governance and strategic direction of CBM UK, developing CBM UK’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with its governing documents, and legal and regulatory requirements.
Trustees are accountable to a variety of stakeholders including funders and the Charity Commission; and are responsible for considering the needs and rights of beneficiaries.
Duties of Trustee
- To ensure that CBM UK complies with its governing document, charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations, and with the prevailing ethics applicable to the charity sector and to the overseas development sector
- To ensure that CBM UK pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure CBM UK uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects: CBMUK must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are
- To approve overall policy, define goals and agree targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of CBM UK
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of CBM UK
- To ensure the financial stability of CBM UK
- To protect and manage the property of CBM UK and to ensure the proper investment of CBM UK’s funds
- To take appropriate professional advice in all matters where there may be material risk to CBM UK, or where the trustees may be in breach of their duties
- To appoint the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and monitor her/his performance
- To maintain confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of the trustee’s involvement with CBM UK
- To avoid any personal conflict of interest.
- In addition to the above statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve:
- Leading discussions at board meetings on matters in which they have expertise
- Providing guidance on key issues or the development of new initiatives relating to matters in which they have expertise
- Ensure active engagement in following how CBM UK’s work is going
- Offering advice and practical support to the Chair and the board between meetings
- Profile raising – acting as an advocate of CBM UK
- Undertaking speaking engagements if required
- Contributing to CBM UK publications or resources with personal stories, reports, photos of visits to CBM UK events or projects, etc.
- Visiting CBM UK partners if practicable.
- Strategic vision
- Commitment to the aims and work of the organisation and its core values
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort, and capacity to attend at least 3 out of 4 meetings per year
- Sound independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Sympathetic to the Christian values of the organisation.
Please download a full recruitment pack for further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's