|Job Title:||Trustee (Accountant)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||The Brilliant Club - Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Michelle Langley|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2020 15:03|
The Brilliant Club exists to increase the number of pupils from underrepresented backgrounds that progress to highly-selective universities. Never has our mission been more crucial than in a year that has seen schools, teachers, pupils and institutions forced to rapidly adapt to a new way of learning in the face of Coronavirus. It has been inspiring to see the sector rise to the challenge and the Trustees have been proud to steward The Brilliant Club as we continue to provide vital support to pupils and counteract the impact school closures have had on pupil learning and progression.
Our next steps as a charity will be to continue our commitment to the young people we serve and we are looking for enthusiastic Trustees who are dedicated to supporting The Brilliant Club to best serve our communities and address educational inequality in the UK. This recruitment is part of an exciting Board Development project, which will also see the charity develop an advisory panel of young people and recruit a Young Trustee, both of which we hope will strengthen the charity’s engagement with our communities.
The Brilliant Club is recruiting for three individuals to join our Board of Trustees. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with fundraising and digital expertise. We are also looking to appoint a qualified accountant.
The Brilliant Club exists to increase the number of pupils from underrepresented backgrounds progressing to highly selective universities. We think it is important that our charity reflects the lived experience of our beneficiaries, and we want to be an organisation where employees and supporters from any background can thrive. We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans including non-binary (LGBTQ+) candidates, and candidates from low-income families. These groups are currently underrepresented at The Brilliant Club and we are committed to increasing representation and diversity at the charity.
• Essential – A commitment to The Brilliant Club’s charitable mission
• Essential – Experience of operating at a senior or Board level
• Essential – Experience of effective, fair and impartial decision-making
• Essential – Experience of building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders
• Essential – Willingness to contribute the time and effort necessary to the position
• Desirable – Digital and/or communications experience would be advantageous
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding:
• Ideally, good knowledge in one of the specific areas of expertise below
• Independent judgement and strategic vision
• Preparedness to contribute forthrightly to discussions and to make difficult decisions
• Ability to advocate on behalf of the charity, particularly within your network
• An understanding / willingness to learn the responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• An understanding / willingness to learn the roles of Chair, Trustee and CEO
Specific Areas of Expertise:
We look forward to considering applications from individuals with a range of different backgrounds. We are particularly interested in hearing from those with experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising, particularly in relation to major donor fundraising
- Digital and technology
- Qualified Accountant
Please see the appointment brief for more information.
Vacancy closes: 11th January 2021
Meetings will take place in London (or remotely, given Coronavirus restrictions) but we actively encourage applications from candidates based across the UK
Board of Trustees meetings 2020-21:
• Tuesday 9th March, 2-4pm
• Tuesday 8th June, 2-4pm